Friday, December 27, 2013

PENSAMIENTOS BRACELET by Aurelio

This month's free tutorial comes from Aurelio :)
Please respect copyright and do not share this tutorial....feel free to tell your friends to visit the blog.

For a downloadable copy go here.



PENSAMIENTOS BRACELET
By Aurelio CastaƱo








Materials
This bracelet will be one half inch thick, 8.5 inch long when finished; it would fit a 7.5 inch wrist.


-11/0 Toho seed beads, 10 Gr.
-7mm pressed button flowers, Approx. 150 Beads.
-4.8 mm thick cord, I used one foot for this project.
-Magnetic clasp, Brass Magnetic Swivel Clasps, Silver, Size: about 10mm in diameter, 18mm long, hole: 8mm.
-Size 10 or 12 beading needle
- Fire line tread, White 6 Lbs
-Beading mat



Step 1
On a comfortable length of thread, insert three sets of Three size 11/0 + one flower.


keep a tight, uniform tension throughout the piece.

Step 2
Tie the beads securely with a square knot; I usually tie three knots on top of each other to secure the stitch.








Step 3
Going from right to left, go through the flower next to the knot and the first size 11/0 bead next to the flower.







Step 4
To start the second round, pick up one size 11/0 bead + one flower+ two size 11/0 beads, go through the first size 11/0 bead on the next set of beads continuing right to left motion.




Step 5
Repeat as in Step 4.

Step 6
This is the Step Up if you will, once you finish with step 5, pick up one set and go through the first 11/0 bead on the first set on the second row as I explain on the graphic.


Repeat steps 4 to 6 until you reach the desired length.




Step 7
Diagram shows how the cord goes all the way through
the beaded work after the beaded work is done.



Step 8
Sew the edge of the beaded work to the inside cord. Calculate how much cord will be enough to put inside the clasp cavity, cut the excess.


Step 9
Using E-600 or Epoxy, glue the cord into the clasp cavity, let it cure for at least 12 hours.


 

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations Aurelio on achieving your first tutorial. This is really pretty and I have learnt something new. I have not beaded around a centre cord before. I must give this a go. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, Aurelio, this is so clever! Thank you for this beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Aurelio... congratz on your first tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful, Aurelio! Congratulations on your first tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Easy for me to understand Aurelio, I'm not a beader but i like to take breaks by beading something after I have finished a quilt/ Congratulations on your first tutorial!! I hope you can make more!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Aurelio and so many thanks for this really perfect pattern.
    I wish you thousends and thousends ideas for make more ;o)
    LG
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for your nice and encouraging comments. It is being an interesting journey writing this pattern, I have to thank my niece Luisa For helping me and correcting my graphics, to Valerie Clifton for reviewing my wording and to Mikki Ferrugiaro for giving me tge encouragement and support to making things the right way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for your nice and encouraging comments. It is being an interesting journey writing this pattern, I have to thank my niece Luisa For helping me and correcting my graphics, to Valerie Clifton for reviewing my wording and to Mikki Ferrugiaro for giving me tge encouragement and support to making things the right way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so thrilled that you've done this, Aurelio. I hope it's the start of a new and profitable journey for you! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Sally Anderson, right now I realky need to cash out...

    ReplyDelete